Here is a collection of 25 Mobile Stats that we have come across that we wanted to share with you. It is amazing to us, even though all these stats that are somewhat overwhelming, telling us the way the future is going with mobile usage, that still over 90% of websites are not truly mobile ready.
Here is something that is even more dumbfounding. We are always scanning QR Codes to see where they go and again, well over 90% are still sending people to a non-mobile friendly website! SEE #4!!
1. More than half of a person’s mobile phone usage is spent on apps.
2. Adults spend more time accessing media through a mobile device than they do with magazines and newspapers combined.
3. The average response time to an email is 90 minutes. The average response time to a text message is 90 seconds.
4. 61% of people said that if they tried to access a website on their mobile device but couldn’t because the site isn’t optimized for mobile, they would visit the website of a competitor.
5. 1 out of every 8 smartphone users will search for better pricing on a product or service while at the store.
6. 1 out of every 6 smartphone users will scan a barcode to learn more information.
7. In 2011, the use of QR codes increased by 300%.
8. 61% of smartphone users use their smartphone to make local searches.
9. By 2015, more people will access the Internet through a smartphone or tablet than a PC.
10. In 2011, the use of mobile devices to read emails increased by 34% while the use of desktop PCs to read emails went down by 11%.
11. 13.4% of a person’s smartphone usage is spent reading or sending text messages.
12. In 2012, there was a 55% increase in smartphone subscriptions.
13. 79% of people use their phone to make or influence a purchasing decision.
14. The mobile ad market is expected to grow to $22 billion by 2016.
15. In 2011, 17.7 billion apps were downloaded. By 2015, that number should grow to 108 billion.
16. In 2011, 33% of people accessed Facebook through a mobile device.
17. In 2011, 7.8 trillion text messages were sent.
18. Mobile coupons are 10x more likely to be used than traditional paper coupons.
19. 91% of smartphone owners have their phone within 3 feet at all times.
20. People who access Facebook with their mobile device use the social network on a more regular basis.
21. The average person will wait 26 hours before reporting a lost wallet. The average person will wait 68 minutes before reporting a lost phone.
22. 62% of smartphone owners will use a search engine at least once every day.
23. 61% of smartphone users will only look at the first page of a search engine results page.
24. 59% of consumers have been influenced by a mobile advertisement.
25. In the past 3 years, more than 300,000 apps have been developed.