Seems like every time we look for mobile stats, they are growing leaps and bounds. All types of business, small and large are starting to take advantage of the mobile boom! Those that are taking advantage of it are now starting to realize that the mobile upswing isn’t just a fad.
Many people we speak with think it’s just one more thing to add to their ever-lengthening to-do list, but in reality, building a mobile marketing list is easier for most than building an e-mail list.
First step in sms (text) marketing or QR code marketing is to be sure that your website is mobile friendly by today’s standards. Sending people to non-friendly mobile landing pages could simply ruin the whole experience, not only for you, but for your potential customers that visit your website.
Most small businesses feel that having a short code for their customers to text to is way to expensive. However, we offer one of the most advanced mobile text messaging platforms in the industry for wholesale pricing at $49.95 a month with up to 15,000 texts per month and up to 20 vanity keywords! So we have taken affordability out of the equation and allow you to compete with the bigger players.
Still not convinced being mobile ready and having a mobile platform will help your business or service? Here are some stats that we feel are pretty convincing reason why you should be.
Interesting and Amazing Mobile Statistics
- 46% of consumers are unlikely to return to a mobile site if it didn’t work properly during their last visit. (Source: Gomez)
- 1.08 of the world’s 4 billion mobile phones are smartphones. 3.05 billion are SMS enabled. (Source: Microsoft Tag)
- One half of all local searches are performed on mobile devices. (Source: Microsoft Tag)
- Mentioning a location in mobile ads and search results can increase click-through rates up to 200%. (Source: ThinkNear)
- 24% of US tablet owners use their tablets to shop 2-3 times per month; 20% use them to shop more than once per week; and 12% use them to shop every day! (Source: eMarketer)
- 29% of mobile users are open to scanning a mobile tag to get coupons. (Source: Microsoft Tag)
- 1 in 5 smartphone users scan product barcodes, and nearly 1 in 8 compare prices on their phone while in a store. (Source: comScore)
- 39% of instances where a consumer walks out of a store without buying were influenced by smartphones. (Source: Motorola Solutions)
- Over 50% of Facebook’s users access Facebook Mobile; 50% of Twitter’s users use Twitter Mobile. (Source: Microsoft Tag)
- QR code scans increased 300% in 2011 compared to 2010. (Source: ScanLife)
- iPad users are loving it for email — there’s been a 73% increase in opens on those skinny little things. (Source: Return Path)
- If all US mobile internet time was condensed into an hour, 25 minutes of it would be spent on email. (Source: Return Path)
Learn more how about how we can help with your mobile marketing strategy.
Contact us for a free consultation and a mobile ‘before and after’ comparison of your current website.