Times are changing and sometimes to really understand how these changes effect us, we have to look from a different perspective. In this case, let’s look at some mobile stats to really see how the mobile boom is effecting everyone from advertisers to everyday mobile phone users.
- According to Newspaper Association of America statistics, print advertising for 2011 was down $2.1 billion. So the print losses were greater than the digital gains by 10 to 1. (Tweet This Stat!)
- It took radio 38 years to reach 50 Million users, while it took the iPhone 2 only 2 years to reach that figure. (Tweet This Stat!)
- In 2011 around $1 Billion was spent in mobile advertising, analysts expect it to be $4 Billion in 2015.(Tweet This Stat!)
- 91% of all U.S. citizens have their mobile device within reach 24/7. (Source: Morgan Stanley) (Tweet This Stat!)
- 53% of searchers purchase after a smartphone search. (Tweet This Stat!)
- It takes 26 hours for the average person to report a lost wallet. It takes 68 minutes for them to report a lost phone. (Source: Unisys) (Tweet This Stat!)
- There are more mobile phones on the planet than there are TVs. (Source: Jupiter) (Tweet This Stat!)
Learn more how about how we can help with your mobile marketing strategy.
Contact us for a free consultation and a mobile ‘before and after’ comparison of your current website.